Action Community for Entrepreneurship (ACE) is the National Voice for Singapore Startup Ecosystem. ACE focuses on five pillars that are crucial for any ecosystem: Startups, Corporations, Institutes of Higher Learning, Risk Capital, and Public Sector. As the driving force behind Singapore as an Innovation Island, ACE is creating a virtual and physical space where ideas, knowledge, and capability are transformed into value efficiently.
Established in 2003 by the Ministry of Trade & Industry, ACE is supported by the Singapore government under the patronage of Dr. Tan See Leng, Minister in the Prime Minister’s Office, Second Minister for Manpower, and Second Minister for Trade and Industry.
ACE’s vision for the 5 pillars
- Startups – Singapore is the go-to for all things startup, providing the most fertile ground and best resources for entrepreneurship in the region.
- Corporations – Corporations can efficiently find best-fit startups to enhance existing offerings and adopt new capabilities for market expansion.
- IHLs – New technologies developed by universities and youth talent are effectively adopted and hired by startups.
- Risk Capital – Create a solid supply of viable and scalable startups for investment that reap good returns.
- Public Sectors – Able to easily source for innovative startups that can solve various problems, such as ways to create a viable economy to traffic congestion.
ACE serves all Innovation and Enterprise Stakeholders by creating a nurturing environment for coopetition that leads to healthy and efficient startups.
ACE was launched to transform the entrepreneurial landscape in Singapore, with Mr Raymond Lim, Minister of State, Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Ministry of Trade and Industry (2001 – 2004) appointed as Chairman of ACE
Dr Vivian Balakrishnan, Senior Minister of State, Ministry of Trade and Industry (2004 – 2005) took over as the Chairman of ACE
Mr Lee Yi Shyan, Minister of State, Ministry of Trade and Industry (2006 – 2012) took over as Chairman of ACE
Mr Teo Ser Luck, Minister of State, Ministry of Trade and Industry (2011 – 2015) was appointed as Patron of ACE
ACE was re-launched as a private sector led, non-profit organisation
Dr Koh Poh Koon, Senior Minister of State, Ministry of Trade and Industry (2016 - 2019) took over as Patron of ACE
Dr. Tan See Leng, Minister in the Prime Minister’s Office, Second Minister for Manpower, and Second Minister for Trade and Industry took over as Patron of ACE
Dr Tan See Leng
Minister in the Prime Minister’s Office, Second Minister for Manpower, and Second Minister for Trade and Industry.
Finance & HR
Brian Patrick Tan
Saw Biing Huei
Ang Yan Lin
Risk Capital &
of Higher Learning
Appointments & HR
- Chairperson: James Tan (ACE)
- Edwin Chow (Enterprise Singapore)
Audit & Compliance
- Chairperson: Chak Kong Soon (Stream Global Pte Ltd)
- Prashant Agarwal (AIA Group)
- Philip Kwa (Cyber Test Systems Pte Ltd)
- Chairperson: Jeffrey Seah (Quest Ventures)
- Gin Lee Oo (GLOO PR)
- Marc Lim (S-Lite Group)
- Chairperson: Marcus Wong (Enterprise Singapore)
- Benjamin Emmanuel Lee (Sealed Network)
- Logan Tan (Eezee)
- Nigel Ong (Livspace)
Finance & Investments
- Chairperson: Dr Alex Lin (NTUitive)
- Aniruddha Ganguly (Negobot)
- Lee Kian Soon (Astral Asset Management)
- Chairperson: Wong Hong Ting (Botbot.AI)
Youth & Education
- Chairperson: Clarence Ti (NP)
- Sarah Cheah (NUS)
- Goh Mong Song (ITE)