Action Community for Entrepreneurship (ACE) is the National Voice for the Singapore Startup Ecosystem, and a key trade association representing the interests of startups in Singapore. ACE focuses on five pillars: Startups, Corporations, Institutes of Higher Learning, Risk Capital, and Public Sector.
As the driving force behind Singapore as an Innovation Island, ACE is creating a virtual and physical space where ideas, knowledge, and capabilities are transformed into value efficiently.
Established in 2003 by the Ministry of Trade & Industry, ACE is supported by the Singapore Government under the patronage of Dr. Tan See Leng, Minister for Manpower and Second Minister for Trade and Industry.
ACE’s vision for the 5 pillars
- Startups – Singapore is the go-to for all things startup, providing the most fertile ground and best resources for entrepreneurship in the region.
- Corporations – Corporations can efficiently find best-fit startups to enhance existing offerings and adopt new capabilities for market expansion.
- IHLs – New technologies developed by universities and youth talent are effectively adopted and hired by startups.
- Risk Capital – Create a solid supply of viable and scalable startups for investment that reap good returns.
- Public Sectors – Able to easily source for innovative startups that can solve various problems, such as ways to create a viable economy to traffic congestion.
ACE serves all Innovation and Enterprise Stakeholders by creating a nurturing environment for competition that leads to healthy and efficient startups.
ACE was launched to transform the entrepreneurial landscape in Singapore, with Mr Raymond Lim, Minister of State, Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Ministry of Trade and Industry (2001 – 2004) appointed as Chairman of ACE
Dr Vivian Balakrishnan, Senior Minister of State, Ministry of Trade and Industry (2004 – 2005) took over as the Chairman of ACE
Mr Lee Yi Shyan, Minister of State, Ministry of Trade and Industry (2006 – 2012) took over as Chairman of ACE
Mr Teo Ser Luck, Minister of State, Ministry of Trade and Industry (2011 – 2015) was appointed as Patron of ACE
ACE was re-launched as a private sector led, non-profit organisation
Dr Koh Poh Koon, Senior Minister of State, Ministry of Trade and Industry (2016 - 2019) took over as Patron of ACE
Dr. Tan See Leng, Minister in the Prime Minister’s Office, Second Minister for Manpower, and Second Minister for Trade and Industry took over as Patron of ACE
Dr. Tan See Leng
Minister for Manpower and Second Minister for Trade and Industry
Lim Qing Ru
Interim CEO & Board MemberLinkedin
Finance & HR
Ang Yan Lin
Risk Capital &
Kwok Chin Lai
– Chairperson: James Tan (ACE)
– Edwin Chow (Enterprise Singapore)
– Chairperson: Chak Kong Soon (Stream Global Pte Ltd)
– Prashant Agarwal (AIA Group)
– Philip Kwa (Cyber Test Systems Pte Ltd)
– Chairperson: Jeffrey Seah (Quest Ventures)
– Gin Lee Oo (GLOO PR)
– Marc Lim (S-Lite Group)
– Chairperson: Carmen Yuen (Vertex Ventures)
– Albert Shyy (Burda Principal Investments)
– Jessica Huang Pouleur (Openspace Ventures)
– Marc Dragon (Reefknot Investments)
– Chairperson: Marcus Wong (Svested)
– Benjamin Emmanuel Lee (Sealed Network)
– Logan Tan (Eezee)
– Nigel Ong (Livspace)
– Chairperson: Saurav Bhattacharyya (Quantum Inventions)
– Chairperson: Jeffrey Paine (Golden Gate Ventures)
– Kuan Hsu (KK Fund)
– Remi Choong (Elev8.vc)
– Foo Tiang Lim (Forge Ventures)
– Chairperson: Wong Hong Ting (Botbot.AI)
Education Institutions (PSEI)
– Chairperson: Tan Ching Ching (NP)
– Tham Mei Leng (ITE)
– Yang Tien (NYP)
– Neo Gim Kian (RP)
– Samuel Ang (SP)
– Wallace Lim (TP)