We would like to meet you if you possess the following traits:
- Open minded, excited about new ideas and executing challenging tasks
- Keen to drive startup development and innovation projects
- Self-starter, fast-learner and willing to learn
- Highly positive, motivated and full of energy
- Team player, fun-loving, outgoing with good people skills
- Pride yourself to deliver quality work
Assistant Manager – Communications & Engagement
- As an Assistant Manager, you will work with a team to maintain and build ACE’s corporate image, social media platforms and media relations.
- Conceptualise and execute corporate events involving business leaders and/or Government officials.
- Identify areas of opportunity to implement digital marketing strategies. To track, analyse and improve reach and effectiveness.
- Drive ecosystem engagements and increase Company’s visibility.
- Promote ACE’s work and employees to raise ACE’s standing in the Singapore economy.
- Provide communications support and counsel to colleagues.
- Track effectiveness of ACE’s programmes and events.
- Draft press releases and media materials and ensure alignment of strategic messaging across all channels.
- Design and create marketing collaterals.
- Draft and provide timely responses to queries and requests by stakeholders via business email accounts.
- Develop project charters, programme playbooks, prepare and maintain accurate administrative briefs/records, including meeting minutes and sensing reports.
- Track department’s budget utilisation and ensure effective use of budget and resources.
- Provide regular updates to the Management on the progress of relevant programmes and activities during meetings or in writing as and when as required.
- Assist to maintain and update the ACE website.
- Front or participate in any Special Projects, or undertake any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or the Management.
- The new hires will report to the Assistant Director of Communications and Engagement.
- Degree in Communications, Arts, Humanities or other relevant fields.
- At least 2-3 of work experience in Communications/ Public Relations/ Digital Marketing/ Event Management. Fresh graduates with the relevant skillsets may also apply. Designation and compensation will be commensurate with the experience and relevant skills.
- Adept at digital marketing, event and stakeholder management.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills with an excellent command of the English language.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively with external parties and agencies (e.g. Govt officials, industry leaders and PR agency).
- Resourceful, meticulous, and passionate about a Communications career.
- Demonstrated expertise in working with journalists and securing positive media coverage.
Note: There will be a writing test for shortlisted candidates.
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “Job Application: Communications & Engagement” with your resume and expected salary. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Manager – City Launcher
We are hiring a City Launcher to build and ACE our fast-growing international business and programmes. In this position, you will be responsible for building out a promising ACE Startup ecosystem globally. Your work will be at the center of building the success of our international business model.
You will map out expansion plans globally and launch in cities to establish ACE presence and programmes in just months, if not weeks. This exciting new role involves wearing many hats – across sales, marketing, operations, programme development, policy and communications.
- Responsible for ensuring ACE‘s success in each of our new markets (working with startups, ecosystem enablers, government agencies, corporates and innovation hubs & more)
- Design a top-level assessment of the city on revenue, programme-market fit and startups needs within the ecosystem. The launcher will need to collaborate with several teams in ACE to get things done
- Develop and implement effective strategies for growth in our new markets
- Organise market insights sessions for Singapore & international startups looking to gain insights and launching in new cities
- Establish strategic partnerships and enhance relationships with local and foreign entities to create opportunities in driving opportunities for Startups
- Work closely with startups and enterprises and develop deep market insights of assigned markets to identify business opportunities for the startups.
- Work with international partners (corporates, innovators and investors) to facilitate overseas business matching for Singapore startups.
- Maintaining effective communication, coordination and working relationships internally and externally
- Adjusting processes with an open mindset for change in a fast-paced startup-like environment
- Enjoys building something from scratch, handling all tasks – big and small
- 3-5 years of experience in business development, sales, or a related field
- Strong networking and relationship-building skills
- Proven ability to lead and manage teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
What You’ll Get:
- All the resources you’ll need to learn and grow
- Opportunity to be part of the day one city launching team and influence programmes and decisions in this journey
- Fun working environment and amazing colleagues
- Joining an elite team of ex-founders, startup evangelists and seasoned entrepreneurs and industry practitioners that works with some of the most brilliant ecosystem enablers, investors and entrepreneurs in the world
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits. If you are passionate about building and growing businesses, and want to be a part of ACE dynamic startup team, we want to hear from you!
- Assist to conceptualise and organise corporate events.
- Work closely with the team in executing marketing strategies for ACE and its engagements, including but not limited to creating content pieces, event photography and engagements on social media.
- Able to work with multiple sources of data to input and manage the internal membership system.
- Assist with partnership engagements and business development activities.
- Identify opportunities or gaps through data insights and provide feedback.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Any other duties when required.
Interested applicants please write to email@example.com with the subject title “Job Application: <Role Applied>” with your resume. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Action Community for Entrepreneurship (ACE) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.