Action Community for Entrepreneurship (ACE) is The National Voice for Singapore Startup Ecosystem. ACE focuses on five pillars that are crucial for any ecosystem: Startups, Corporations, Institutes of Higher Learning (IHLs), Risk Capital, and Public Sectors. This is a unique opportunity for individuals to experience the inner workings of a national-level ecosystem enabler. Successful candidates can expect decision-making and execution with systemic impact.
Current opening(s): 1
ROLE: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
As the Executive Director, you will work closely with the Board of Directors to align vision and strategy in the next 3 – 5 years. Further, you will oversee the ACE management team to provide leadership and direction necessary to maintain the growth and vibrancy of ACE on the national level. Your contribution will have a strong influence and directly impacts the startup ecosystem.
• Immerse yourself in the startup community and build network with startups, institutions of higher learning, corporations, risk capital stakeholders, and government.
• Autonomy: Receive ownership to plan and execute initiatives that strengthen and grow the startup ecosystem on a national level.
• Elevate your personal branding with participation to high profile, large scale events representing the national startup ecosystem.
• Professional and personal development by learning from civil servants, industry professionals, entrepreneurs and others.
• Gain in-depth knowledge of the startups and innovation sectors.
• Lead the ACE management team in the conceptualisation, design and delivery of initiatives
• Report to the Chairman and provide regular updates to the Board.
• Keep in tune with the pulse of startups and key factors for their innovation origination, initiation and success drivers.
• Engage the community along with related ACE sub-committees to drive a common agenda of accelerating the positive progression of the startup ecosystem in Singapore.
• Support the ACE management team in driving key agendas of support for startups, institutions of higher learning, corporations, risk capital, and government with dedicated resource allocation and rallying of stakeholder support.
• Manage the funding of ACE, including the expansion of revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations, while simultaneously identifying new non-conflicting funding opportunities.
• Manage key internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to political office holders and government officials involved in entrepreneurship development.
• Participate in industry-related events that will enhance the organisation’s reputation and the organisation’s potential for success.
• Degree holder with at least 10 years in a management position with P&L responsibilities.
• Experience in building entrepreneurial ecosystems with a good understanding of entrepreneurship and startups, and entrepreneurial trends both in Singapore and globally preferred.
• Dynamic, resourceful and agile.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong leadership, people management and organisational skills.
Interested applicants please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “Job Application: Executive Director” with your resume. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.