Action Community for Entrepreneurship (ACE) is the National Voice for Singapore’s Startup Ecosystem. ACE focuses on five pillars that are crucial for any ecosystem: Startups, Corporations, Institutes of Higher Learning (IHLs), Risk Capital, and Governments. The team is made up of a group of hustlers fiercely passionate about innovation and entrepreneurship. This is a unique opportunity for individuals to experience the inner workings of a national-level ecosystem enabler. Successful candidates can expect decision-making and execution with systemic impact.
Current opening(s): 2
ROLE: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
As the Executive Director, you will work closely with the Board of Directors to align vision and strategy in the next 3 – 5 years. Further, you will oversee the ACE management team to provide leadership and direction necessary to maintain the growth and vibrancy of ACE on the national level. Your contribution will have a strong influence and directly impacts the startup ecosystem.
• Immerse yourself in the startup community and build network with startups, institutions of higher learning, corporations, risk capital stakeholders, and government.
• Autonomy: Receive ownership to plan and execute initiatives that strengthen and grow the startup ecosystem on a national level.
• Elevate your personal branding with participation to high profile, large scale events representing the national startup ecosystem.
• Professional and personal development by learning from civil servants, industry professionals, entrepreneurs and others.
• Gain in-depth knowledge of the startups and innovation sectors.
• Lead the ACE management team in the conceptualisation, design and delivery of initiatives
• Report to the Chairman and provide regular updates to the Board.
• Keep in tune with the pulse of startups and key factors for their innovation origination, initiation and success drivers.
• Engage the community along with related ACE sub-committees to drive a common agenda of accelerating the positive progression of the startup ecosystem in Singapore.
• Support the ACE management team in driving key agendas of support for startups, institutions of higher learning, corporations, risk capital, and government with dedicated resource allocation and rallying of stakeholder support.
• Manage the funding of ACE, including the expansion of revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations, while simultaneously identifying new non-conflicting funding opportunities.
• Manage key internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to political office holders and government officials involved in entrepreneurship development.
• Participate in industry-related events that will enhance the organisation’s reputation and the organisation’s potential for success.
• Degree holder with at least 10 years in a management position with P&L responsibilities.
• Experience in building entrepreneurial ecosystems with a good understanding of entrepreneurship and startups, and entrepreneurial trends both in Singapore and globally preferred.
• Dynamic, resourceful and agile.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong leadership, people management and organisational skills.
ROLE: COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT LEAD
As the Community Development Lead, the responsibility of building a tight-knit and dynamic startup community ground up falls upon you. ACE community exits to propel startups to soar to greater heights.
• ACE believes in entrusting real responsibilities to our staff therefore do expect responsibilities from day one.
• Hands on experience working alongside real entrepreneurs and insights to on-the-ground happenings and challenges.
• Get first hand updates with new policies and initiatives relating to the startup scene.
• Successful candidates will have full ownership of their projects and will sometimes be required to lead projects.
• Build and expand your network extensively; get to know the startup community in Singapore
• Develop strategy and plans to engage and grow the startup ecosystem community to ensure deep engagement with the startup ecosystem stakeholders and members.
• Work with other members of the organisation to drive the integration of various communities across ACE.
• Organise community workshops and events such as Tech Hour, Networking, Roundtables and Community Seminars to improve the competency of startups and support them in their growth journey.
• Develop relationships with sponsors and solicit sponsorships and support for community development.
• Support ACE Sub-committees and ensure the regular engagement of the sub-committees and track the committee status.
• Develop, manage and enhance relationships with key stakeholders such as Enterprise Singapore, EDB, JTC, etc., to construct and deliver joint activities.
• Develop programme budget and track programme budget utilisation to ensure effective use of budget and resources
• Undertake any other duties as assigned by the reporting officer.
• At least 4 years’ experience in community building or relevant field
• Love connecting with others; candidates who enjoy speaking about cutting-edge technologies and find it natural to engage with others.
• Good communication and coordination skills, attentive to details, and dedicated to work.
• Self-starter and do not mind getting your hands dirty.
• Passion and knowledgeable about the startups and innovation sectors.
• Highly motivated individual who has displayed leadership, ambition and a go-getter attitude through exceptional academic credentials, co-curricular activities and professional experience.