Global Ready Talent Programme
Global Ready Talent (GRT) Programme
The GRT aims to build a pipeline of talent to support Singapore enterprises with their overseas expansion, by exposing young Singaporeans to internships and overseas work opportunities. GRT harmonises existing young talent programmes, namely the SME Talent Programme, Young Talent Programme and Go Southeast Asia Award, into a single programme.
Global Ready Talent (GRT) Programme
The GRT aims to build a pipeline of talent to support Singapore enterprises with their overseas expansion, by exposing young Singaporeans to internships and overseas work opportunities. GRT harmonies existing young talent programmes, namely the SME Talent Programme, Young Talent Programme and Go Southeast Asia Award, into a single programme.
GRT comprises of two components: –
Singapore enterprises keen to develop talent pipeline to support their business expansion can provide placements for local and overseas internships.
Students from the Institutes of Technical Education (ITEs), Polytechnics and Universities can pursue these local internships provided by local enterprises or overseas internship opportunities in markets like China, India and Southeast Asia provided by local and foreign enterprises. This scheme is open to full time students who are Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents.
Participating local enterprises can receive ESG’s funding support of up to 70% of the students’ monthly local internship stipend.
Enterprise Singapore and Institutes of Higher Learning (IHLs) will co-fund travel and subsistence allowance for students on overseas internships.
2) Management Associates Programme
The GRT also supports enterprises in sending fresh graduate or young employees with up to three years of working experience, for postings in key overseas markets, for a minimum period of one year.
This deepens the in-market knowledge and international work exposure of these young Singaporeans and supports the international expansion efforts of Singapore enterprises.
Participating enterprises that have current overseas operations in ASEAN, China, or India may apply for ESG’s funding support of up to 70% of qualifying costs, capped at S$50,000 per Management Associate per year.
All funding applications are subject to ESG’s approval.
Eligibility & Requirements (For Startups)
- Must be an ACE Startups Member (visit here https://ace.org.sg/memberships for more details on ACE Startup Memberships)
- Must be a tech startup less than 10 years old (based on the date of incorporation at the time of application)
- Startup must be incorporated in Singapore
- Have a minimum of 30% local (Singaporean or Singapore P.R.) shareholding and less than 50% ordinary shares owned by other corporate entity
- Able to offer a minimum monthly allowance of $1,000 to University students and $800 to Polytechnic and ITE students
- Have immediate plans to hire in the next 2 months
Application and Documents Required (For Startups)
• ACRA Company Profile dated within the last 6 months
• Latest Management Accounts dated within 18 months (e.g. Profit & Loss Account, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement OR the latest Financial Projections)
• Resume of key management team or founders listed in your application
• Copy of an invoice or contract with a client as proof of business revenue
• Copy of any funding or grants received
• Check and ensure your company is able to fulfill all 3 criteria on the Startup Requirements tab and it is ticked as ‘Yes’.
Sign up for GRT at https://www.beglobalready.sg
Job Opportunities (For Full-Time Students and Management Associates)
View job opportunities at https://www.beglobalready.sg
For enquires on GRT, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org