Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR BOOKING AND USE OF SHARED FACILITIES AT ACTION COMMUNITY FOR ENTREPRENEURSHIP (ACE) LTD
1. These Terms and Conditions govern your booking and use of the shared spaces and facilities (each a “Venue”) made available by Action Community Entrepreneurship (ACE) Ltd (“ACE”). By submitting your booking application for a Venue to ACE, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Booking of Venues
2. All Venues are subject to availability.
3. By booking a Venue (“Booking”), you agree to pay ACE the booking fees which apply for that Venue, as notified to you at time of the Booking.
4. All Bookings must be made in advance and paid for at the time the Booking is made.
5. If payment for the Booking is not received by ACE, ACE shall have the right to cancel the Booking and release the Venue.
6. Unless otherwise agreed, you are not entitled to receive a refund of the booking fees which have been paid to ACE if you decide to cancel a Booking.
7. If you fail, or ACE suspects that you have failed, to comply with any of these Terms and Conditions, or at any other time when ACE in its reasonable discretion sees fit to do so, ACE may, at its sole discretion:
Restrict / suspend your ability to use the Venues, shared facilities and booking service (collectively the “Services”) made available by ACE; and/or
Cancel your Booking without immediate effect and without prior notice to you.
8. If ACE cancels your Booking for reasons other than your failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions, ACE will refund the booking fees which have been paid. Save as aforesaid, ACE shall not have any liability to you for any loss or damage arising from the exercise of its rights under Clause 7 above.
Use of Venue
9. Your Booking allows you to use the Venue during its opening hours, and for the date / duration specified in your Booking (the “Booking Period”).
10. You agree to:
treat the Venue (including but not limited to its equipment, fixtures, fittings and furnishings) with care and not alter, remove or damage any part of the same; and
comply with all rules and policies provided by ACE on the use of the Venue. Such rules and policies can be found at the Venue, are hereby incorporated into these Terms and Conditions, and ACE reserves the right to revise such rules and policies from time to time.
11. You are responsible for your actions and the actions of your guests whom you invite to the Venue. You shall not allow guests to enter or use the Venue unless accompanied by you. You agree to pay for all damage and loss arising out of your use of the Venue. ACE’s invoice shall be conclusive evidence of such damage and loss.
12. You shall take all necessary steps to ensure that your use of the Venue will not:
Cause nuisance or annoyance, or give cause for complaint from others;
In any way infringe the rights including intellectual property rights of any third party;
Erode the core moral values of society including but not limited to the promotion of permissive lifestyles and depictions of obscenity or graphic sexual conduct;
Denigrate or debase any person, group or class of individuals on the basis of race or religion, or serve to create conflict or misunderstanding in Singapore’s multi-cultural and multi-religious society;
Disparage or demean government bodies, public institutions or national leaders and/or subvert national security or stability;
Be offensive or obscene in nature or derogatory or defamatory to any third party or bring any dispute to or prejudice ACE in any way whatsoever;
Contravene the laws of Singapore.
13. The use of the Venue is at your own risk. ACE will not be responsible for:
any loss or damage to belongings, equipment, articles and other items brought to or left behind at the Venue by you or your guests; or
the actions of others who are at or using the Venue (where applicable).
14. You shall not, at any time, without the prior consent of ACE:
take, copy or use for any purpose any trade mark, logo or other intellectual property of ACE; or
represent yourself as having any affiliation with ACE.
Limitation of Liability
15. The Services are provided on an “as is where is” basis without any warranties of any kind, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise. ACE does not provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, reliability, availability, security, quality or suitability of the Services for any purpose.
16. ACE shall not be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation any loss of profit, revenue, goodwill or anticipated savings that you may suffer directly or indirectly as a result of the Services or these Terms and Conditions.
17. You agree to indemnify and hold ACE and its officers, employees, representatives, agents and contractors harmless from and against any and all liability, loss, damage, costs (including legal costs), expenses or other liability suffered or incurred by ACE arising out of or in connection with:
Your use of the Services; and
Your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
Handing Over the Venue
18. You shall cease to use and occupy the Venue and shall immediately remove all of your belongings, equipment, articles and other items from the Venue on the expiry of the Booking Period or sooner cancellation of your Booking. If you fail to do so, ACE may do so at your expense.
19. You shall leave the Venue in the same condition as it was when you took it. ACE reserves the right to charge additional fees for cleaning and repairs of the Venue which are needed above and beyond normal wear and tear.
20. ACE’s invoice shall be conclusive evidence of any expenses / fees for the removal of items under Clause 18 and/or for cleaning and repairs under Clause 19.
21. Neither party shall be in breach of these Terms and Conditions nor liable for delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of its obligations under these Terms and Conditions if such delay or failure result from events, circumstances or causes beyond its reasonable control. In such circumstances the time for performance shall be extended by a period equivalent to the period during which performance of the obligation has been delayed or failed to be performed. If the period of delay or non-performance continues for 30 days, the party not affected may terminate immediately by giving written notice to the affected party.
22. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions constitutes or shall be deemed to constitute a partnership between the parties or make any party an agent of the other party.
23. In the event that any part of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, the parts of these Terms and Conditions hall be unaffected thereby and shall remain in full force and effect.
24. These Terms and Conditions, and any rules and policies of ACE on the use of the Venue (as amended for time to time), constitute the entire agreement between you and ACE relating to the use of the Services, and supersedes all previous agreement, written or oral, between you and ACE with respect to the Services.
25. You may not assign or transfer your rights and obligations in these Terms and Conditions without the prior written agreement of ACE. ACE may assign its right and obligations under these Terms and Conditions at any time without your consent.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
26. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore. The parties agree to submit and finally resolve any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
RULES FOR USE OF SHARED FACILITIES AT ACTION COMMUNITY FOR ENTREPRENEURSHIP (ACE) LTD
1. No person other than the authorized staff of ACE shall be permitted to remain at the Venues after the closing hours.
2. ACE may refuse admission to any person who in their opinion is likely to cause embarrassment or annoyance to other users of the Venues or occupiers of the building.
3. All users shall observe the start and end times of their bookings and shall vacate the Venues on or before the end time of their bookings.
4. Cooking is not allowed in any part of the Venues.
5. There shall be strictly no smoking or striking of matches/gas lighters in the Venues.
6. Screws, nails, masking tape, double-sided tape, or any devices of any description likely to deface the walls, floors or ceilings are not allowed to be used on any part of the Venues.
7. All materials, goods, equipment, etc shall not be dragged in the Venues. For heavy loads, trolleys with rubber castors are to be used.
8. No advertising materials (such as banners and posters) or decorative materials shall be permitted on or around the Venues without the prior approval of ACE.